I put down some notes here, to remind myself or anyone who cares to travel through the same path.
1. Select a right AMI (ami-31bc7758) and choose a right AWS configuration (large) are worth the time saved (credits go to Doug and Ron)
2. Need to install JDK 6.x and JDK 5.x.
3. Need to install Maven 3.x
4. Need to install apache-forrest-0.8
5. Need to follow Bikramjit's note.
6. Need to set MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m"
7. Here is my environment variables for BigTop build:
After the build, I did the test on the Hadoop install.
Here are my conf settings:
To perform BigTop smoke test, I have done the following steps:
add the followings to pom.xml
$mvn -Dhadoop.log.dir=target/build/test/logs verify > lei4.output
Note: I run mvn verify, it failed pretty bad, then I dig into the code and see what are needed to set. That was the result.
Here is the content of the output file:
You can see that for cli.TestCLI:
# Tests pass: 152 (98%)
# Tests fail: 2 (1%)
I can not figure out why those 2 test cases failed.
Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 491.765 sec
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 89.924 sec